Hasselhoff tried to teach me how to surf several times. Word of advice to the fellas: If you want your relationship to last, don't attempt to teach your girl to surf or any other sport that you are way better than her at for that matter. I like to think of myself as pretty athletic in the "surf-like" sports department. I'm an avid skier and snowboarder. I picked up wakeboarding pretty fast and I used to skateboard a bit. Surfing shouldn't have been an issue right? Bawhahahahah! It was horrific! Despite Hasselhoff’s experience as a sailor, the profanity that came out of my mouth was that of epic and matchless proportions. Needless to say, I was a bit turned off by the sport. Until Hawaiian Fire that is!
I know what you are thinking. Surf lessons on a paradise beach with hunky, shirtless firefighters right? That’s exactly what it was! However, I must commend all of the instructors (however hunky) for their professionalism, knowledge and the fact that they can get me up and roll ‘in on a surfboard!
Reasons why I would recommend Hawaiian Fire?
· Three hour lessons -the perfect amount of time so you can still move the next day
· 1:2 Instructor to Student Ratio- allowed us to ride wave after wave
· Shallow, mild break- we were able to touch the bottom at any point which is perfect when you get tired
· Empty beach- we had the water and the beach all to ourselves!
· They let Hasselhoff paddle out and be there while I surfed!